NYC OFFICE – SPRING 2017 BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Shark Group is a marketing consulting firm that offers branding solutions for its world‐class clients of top brands and celebrities founded by Daymond John, CEO & Founder of FUBU and star of ABC’s hit business show Shark Tank. It has perfected the methods to ingrain companies, brands, and products into the social consciousness. Using product integration, sponsorships, licensing and unique events, it organically promotes products in the hottest music videos, on the most popular television shows, and with the most influential celebrities.
With over 30 years in the licensing industry focusing on brand extensions, The Shark Group has developed multi-million dollar programs with major fashion brands. Our powerful network of strategic partners— maintained at the senior level of our business—cross industries including apparel, electronics, sports, publishing, beverages, accessories, footwear, and entertainment.
As a business development intern, you will work directly with the director of business development developing competencies in client development and customer service, project management, digital marketing management while strengthening your critical thinking, organizational, and strategic planning skills.
Qualifications: Candidates must possess the following skills and abilities:
• Highly functional computing and social media skills, with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with knowledge of both Mac and PC platforms
• Strong business writing and editing skills
• Solid organizational, analytical, logical reasoning, oral and written presentation skills
• Ability to speak and convey an idea and plan
• Prior customer/client service experience preferred but not required
• Marketing, Communications, and/or Business Administration majors preferred
• Basic Design skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) preferred but not required
• Must be personable and comfortable around celebrities and top executives
Responsibilities/ Projects/ Assignments:
Interns will be exposed to a variety of projects and assignments throughout the course of their internship, in line with their educational goals and career interests. Some of these responsibilities, projects, and assignments have been provided below:
• Support the Director of Business Development in any and all aspects of day-to-day operation of division
• Create and develop 360 marketing plans under the guidance of the Director of Business Development
• Conduct relevant quantitative and qualitative market research
• Assist in the preparation or revision of client correspondences, status reports, improving business writing skills in the process
• Assist the department staff with other special projects, as needed
• All candidates must be currently enrolled in a college or university and be able to receive credit for your internship at The Shark Group, and provide us with a proof of enrollment and eligibility
• All candidates must be able to come into our New York City offices at least 2-3 days per week
• Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• In the subject of the email, please include “NYC SPRING 2017 BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP”.