NYC OFFICE – SPRING 2017 OPERATIONS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Shark Group is a marketing consulting firm that offers branding solutions for its world‐class clients of top brands and celebrities founded by Daymond John, CEO & Founder of FUBU and star of ABC’s hit business show Shark Tank. It has perfected the methods to ingrain companies, brands, and products into the social consciousness. Using product integration, sponsorships, licensing and unique events, it organically promotes products in the hottest music videos, on the most popular television shows, and with the most influential celebrities.
With over 30 years in the licensing industry focusing on brand extensions, The Shark Group has developed multi-million dollar programs with major fashion brands. Our powerful network of strategic partners— maintained at the senior level of our business—cross industries including apparel, electronics, sports, publishing, beverages, accessories, footwear, and entertainment.
As an operations intern, you will work directly with upper-management, developing basic financial competency and project management skills while strengthening your critical thinking, organizational, and strategic planning skills.
Qualifications: Candidates must possess the following skills and abilities:
• Highly functional computing and social media skills, with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with knowledge of both Mac and PC platforms
• Strong business writing and editing skills
• Fundamental knowledge of basic accounting, bookkeeping, and office management principles
• Solid organizational, analytical, logical reasoning, oral and written presentation skills
• Be able to conduct research, synthesizing findings in a succinct report
• Basic Design skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) preferred but not required
• Personable and comfortable in the presence of celebrities and top executives
• Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information
• Ability to take constructive criticism, channeling such feedback for positive professional growth
Responsibilities; Projects; Assignments:
Interns will be exposed to a variety of projects and assignments throughout the course of their internship, in line with their educational goals and career interests. Some of these responsibilities, projects, and assignments have been provided below:
• Support the Director of Corporate Communications in any and all aspects of day-to-day operation of the company
• Aid in supporting the operational needs of upper management, under the direction of relevant department heads, gaining direct exposure to a wide variety of work across multiple divisions
• Assist in the preparation or revision of client correspondences, status reports, improving business writing skills in the process
• Assist the department staff with other special projects, as needed
• All candidates must be currently enrolled in a college or university and be able to receive credit for your internship at The Shark Group, and provide us with a proof of enrollment and eligibility
• All candidates must be able to come into our New York City offices at least 2-3 days per week
• Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• In the subject of the email, please include “NYC SPRING 2017 OPERATIONS INTERNSHIP”.