NYC OFFICE – FALL 2017 BRAND MARKETING INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Shark Group is a marketing consulting firm that offers branding solutions for its world-class clients of top brands and celebrities founded by Daymond John, CEO & Founder of FUBU and star of ABC’s hit business show Shark Tank. It has perfected the methods to ingrain companies, brands, and products into social consciousness. Using product integration, sponsorships, licensing and unique events, it organically promotes products in the hottest music videos, on the most popular television shows, and with the most influential celebrities.
With over 30 years in the licensing industry focusing on brand extensions, The Shark Group has developed multi-million dollar programs with major fashion brands. Our powerful network of strategic partners – maintained at the senior level of our business – cross industries including apparel, electronics, sports, publishing, beverages, accessories, footwear, and entertainment.
As an intern you will work directly with upper management developing your knowledge of brand development and marketing, strengthening your creative thinking, design and communication skills.
Qualifications: Candidates must possess the following skills and abilities:
• Enrollment in an accredited four-year business program with direct focus in marketing, entrepreneurship, brand design, business, management, or a similar major
• Highly functional computing and social media skills, and in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with knowledge of both Mac and PC platforms
• Design skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) are encouraged but not required
• Well-developed design aesthetic
• Understanding and ability to synthesize data, representing findings in a visual appropriate manner
• Ability to translate abstract ideas into their final, physical (or digital) expression
• Strong business and creative writing skills
• Solid organizational, analytical, logical reasoning, oral and written presentation skills
• Personable and comfortable in the presence of celebrities and top executives
• Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information
• Ability to take constructive criticism, channeling such feedback for positive professional growth
Responsibilities/ Projects/ Assignments:
Interns will be exposed to a variety of projects and assignments throughout the course of their internship, in line with their educational goals and career interests. Some of these responsibilities, projects, and assignments have been provided below:
• Support upper management, helping them to prepare internal and external marketing presentations, one-page overviews, learning to deliver these materials in a professional environment for possible inclusion in client creative materials
• Assist in the creation and execution of marketing and brand development plans
• Assistance with event planning and brand activations
• Aid the department in creative development where appropriate to channel the intern’s creative skills for non-design based products, allowing for the differentiation of their skill set
• Assist the department staff with other special projects, as needed
• All candidates must be currently enrolled in a college or university and be able to receive credit for your internship at The Shark Group, and provide us with a proof of enrollment and eligibility
• All candidates must be able to come into our New York City offices at least 2-3 days per week
• Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• In the subject of the email, please include “NYC FALL 2017 BRAND MARKETING INTERNSHIP”.