NYC OFFICE – SUMMER 2017 GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Shark Group is a marketing consulting firm that offers branding solutions for its world-class clients of top brands and celebrities founded by Daymond John, CEO & Founder of FUBU and star of ABC’s hit business show Shark Tank. It has perfected the methods to ingrain companies, brands, and products into the social consciousness. Using product integration, sponsorships, licensing and unique events, it organically promotes products in the hottest music videos, on the most popular television shows, and with the most influential celebrities.
With over 30 years in the licensing industry focusing on brand extensions, The Shark Group has developed multi-million dollar programs with major fashion brands. Our powerful network of strategic partners- maintained at the senior level of our business-cross industries including apparel, electronics, sports, publishing, beverages, accessories, footwear, and entertainment.
As an intern you will work directly with the Director of Business Development and Social Media Manager developing your knowledge of communications and graphic design as it relates to brand marketing and social media, while gaining exposure to strategic marketing, brand development, strengthening your creative thinking, design and communication skills.
Qualifications: Candidates must possess the following skills and abilities:
• Enrollment in an accredited four-year design program with direct focus in communication design, graphic design, digital design or the like, with at least junior class standing
• Highly functional computing and social media skills, with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with knowledge of both Mac and PC platforms
• Design skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) are required
• Ability to draw and sketch are highly valued but not required
• Ability to edit video footage to 15 second Instagram posts
• Well-developed design aesthetic
• Be passionate and pro-active
• Able to prioritize, multitask, and take initiative to solve problems and meet deadlines in a high-intensity setting
• Strong attention to detail, and an eye for design and layout
• Working knowledge of photography a plus
• Proficient using WordPress a plus
• Personable and comfortable in the presence of celebrities and top executives
• Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information
• Ability to take constructive criticism, channeling such feedback for positive professional growth
Responsibilities/ Projects/ Assignments:
Interns will be exposed to a variety of projects and assignments throughout the course of their internship, in line with their educational goals and career interests. Some of these responsibilities, projects, and assignments have been provided below:
• Working on a variety of social media based projects that will shape our overall brand experience
• Working with the Social Media Manager and Director of Business of Development on tasks for clients.
• Aid in the execution of marketing plans
• Aid the Director of Business Development in visualizing data, transforming it for inclusion in brand decks, presentations, and other materials, learning the ability to synthesize and prioritize data, leveraging its power for communication
• Administrative Tasks
• Aid the department in creative development where appropriate to channel the the intern’s creative skills for non-design based projects, allowing for the differentiation of their skill-set
• Assist the department staff with other special projects, as needed
• All candidates must be currently enrolled in a college or university and be able to receive credit for your internship at The Shark Group, and provide us with a proof of enrollment and eligibility
• All candidates must be able to come into our New York City offices at least 2-3 days per week
• Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• In the subject of the email, please include “NYC SUMMER 2017 GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP”.