NYC OFFICE – SUMMER 2017 SPEAKING DIVISION INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Shark Group is a marketing consulting firm that offers branding solutions for its world‐class clients of top brands and celebrities founded by Daymond John, CEO & Founder of FUBU and star of ABC’s hit business show Shark Tank. It has perfected the methods to ingrain companies, brands, and products into the social consciousness. Using product integration, sponsorships, licensing and unique events, it organically promotes products in the hottest music videos, on the most popular television shows, and with the most influential celebrities.
As an intern within the speaking division you will work directly with the Head of Speaking Division, Event Director and Event Coordinator developing your knowledge of event planning while strengthening your communication, organizational, and strategic planning skills.
Qualifications: Candidates must possess the following skills and abilities:
• Highly functional computing and social media skills, with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with knowledge of both Mac and PC platforms
• Design skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) preferred but not required
• Strong business writing and editing skills
• Solid organizational, analytical, logical reasoning, oral and written presentation skills
• Be able to conduct research, synthesizing findings in a succinct report
• Personable and comfortable in the presence of celebrities and top executives
• Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information
• Ability to take constructive criticism, channeling such feedback for positive professional growth
Responsibilities/ Projects/ Assignments:
Interns will be exposed to a variety of projects and assignments throughout the course of their internship, in line with their educational goals and career interests. Some of these responsibilities, projects, and assignments have been provided below:
• Support Head of Speaking and Event Director by helping them to successfully plan speaking engagements for Daymond John.
• Conduct research on potential speaking engagements, such as conferences, expos, and other events.
• Aid in creating important documents such as itineraries, event information, contracts etc., improving business writing skills.
• Assist the Speaking Division in the preparation of events, monitoring Daymond John’s schedule and proactively seeking assignments to help stay ahead of schedule, gaining organizational and administrative skills.
• Collect information daily on social media platforms that would be of use to Speaking Division such as event client testimonials, upcoming engagements, etc.
• Assist the department staff with other special projects, as needed
• All candidates must be currently enrolled in a college or university and be able to receive credit for your internship at The Shark Group, and provide us with a proof of enrollment and eligibility
• All candidates must be able to come into our New York City offices at least 2-3 days per week
• Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
• In the subject of the email, please include “NYC SUMMER 2017 SPEAKING DIVISION INTERNSHIP”.