NYC OFFICE – SUMMER 2018 WRITING INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Shark Group is a marketing consulting firm that offers branding solutions for its world‐class clients of top brands and celebrities founded by Daymond John, CEO & Founder of FUBU and star of ABC’s hit business show Shark Tank. It has perfected the methods to ingrain companies, brands, and products into the social consciousness. Using product integration, sponsorships, and unique events, it organically promotes products in the hottest music videos, on the most popular television shows, and with the most influential celebrities.
As a writing/social media intern, you will work directly with the Director of Content Development and Production, to create original pieces for DaymondJohn.com. You will participate in weekly “writers room” session in which you will pitch potential content. There will be weekly writing assignments, and your piece may even be featured on DaymondJohn.com!
• Strong skills for writing blogs, editorials, lists etc… (English, Journalism, and Communications majors are preferable)
• Highly functional computing and research skills, with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Analytics with knowledge of both Mac and PC platforms
• Able to speak and convey an idea or plan
• In-depth knowledge of major social media platforms
• Design skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) preferred but not required
• Must be personable and comfortable around celebrities and top executives
• Coming up with potential pieces of web content on a weekly basis
• Researching current trends, and finding relevant subjects to write about
• Drafting pieces weekly
• Aid in the social media distribution of pieces that are selected for Daymondjohn.com
• Administrative tasks
• All candidates must be currently enrolled in a college or university and be able to receive credit for your internship at The Shark Group, and provide us with a proof of enrollment and eligibility
• All candidates must be able to come into our New York City office at least 2 days per week
• Please send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample of no greater than 500 words to email@example.com.
• In the subject of the email, please include “NYC SUMMER 2017 WRITING INTERNSHIP”.